Work for an award-winning blogging contest
Are you passionate about social media, driven by blogging and have a good sense of attention to detail? Then we want to hear from you.
An exciting opportunity has come up at the Hostelling International (HI) head offices in the UK for a Social Media Project Assistant to assist in the promotion, monitoring and launch of the Big Blog Exchange, the world’s biggest blogging competition!
Last year the contest ran for the first time and attracted more than 1,200 entrants from 173 countries – and was given awards including the prestigious UN Innovation in Tourism accolade.
The vacancy is a five-month full-time position with a salary of £13,000 pro rata. Applicants must be eligible to work in the EU. HI’s head office is located just outside of London in Welwyn Garden City, Hertfordshire.
Applicants must have experience in social media and blogging with high verbal, written and organisational skills. Some of the daily tasks will include:
- Maintaining and monitoring the Big Blog Exchange (BBE) competition
- Assisting the BBE Project Manager in accordance with the developed activity plan
- Booking and sending airline tickets, contracts, and other documentation needed to bloggers
- Gather all the bloggers’ information and documentation needed (contracts, travel and destination information, contact information, visas, vaccinations, next of kin, medical needs, telephone numbers, etc.) before their exchange and assist in processing visa forms including communicating with national association staff to obtaining letters of invitation
- Communicate with BBE winners regarding their travel needs and be available to respond to bloggers and implement requested changes
- Observe travellers participation, blogs, activities, and responses during the exchange and competition
- Collaborate with the Communication team exchanging the content generated to be promoted and provide content update to the Marketing Team
- Support all aspects of staff and travellers as needed
To apply, please send a CV and cover letter as soon as possible to firstname.lastname@example.org.