Discover Fez in Morocco
The intellectual capital and a pearl of the Arab world, Fez is located in the north-east part of Morocco between the Riff and the Middle Atlas mountains on the two shores of the wadi (valley) Fez. The city is situated in a narrow valley and positioned on the old crossroads of caravan routes connecting the Saharan empires with the Atlantic and the Mediterranean shipping lanes. Fez remained a commercial centre for much of its history. It comprises three distinct parts, Fez el Bali (the old, medina), Fez -Jdid (new Fez, Mellah) and the Ville Nouvelle (the French-created section of Fez).
Things to do in Fez
- The Royal Golf of Fez: 18 holes golf course on 70ha olive fields, surrounded by the snow capped mountains of the Middle Atlas. The thermal resort of Moulay Yaacoub, known for its hot sulphur springs.
- Sidi Hrazen (naturally warm thermal site)
- Horse riding centre offering rides in the country
- Meknès (Imperial city)
- Volubilis (Roman ruins)
- 4×4 ride or walk in the middle Atlas
- Visit of the lakes
- Piloting lessons at the aero-club of Fez
- Chefchaouen ( the blue medina)
- Swimming in the Mediterranean (between Nador and Saidia)
- Dunes of Merzouga/Erfoud
Fez Youth Hostel
Fez International Youth Hostel is one of the best hostels in Morocco. It is a haven of peace located in the new part of the historic city of Fez that has been listed by UNESCO as one of the World Heritage Cities. Fez hostel accommodates 37 people and its management is overseen by an association which is affiliated with Hostelling International. The hostel caters for both paid members of Hostel Associations and non-members. Fees are reasonable and all aspects of the hostel are in keeping with the quality standards set.
We aim to make your visit as enjoyable as possible while offering excellent value for money. We take hostel standards and quality very seriously. Fez International youth hostel was designed for your comfort and your wanderlust, has three twin rooms and fives shared rooms (3, 4 beds and 5 beds) around a central patio, a large green garden, make this youth hostel unique place.